Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Lord is full of Surprises!


Well Family. It's been a strange week to say the least. How about we start from the beginning. Once upon a time there was a little mission called the Great California San Fernando mission. It was a tiny happy mission with the happiest of missionaries. And then it got struck with the plague. No but for real. This huge poopy plague of depression, anxiety, strange health problems and all sorts of things. Well as a result, lots of missionaries died from this plague. (and when I say die it's just for the story purposes. They actually just had to go home from their mission early.)
 
So we lost two missionaries from the Burbank zone, one of them happened to be sweet Hermana Blacker, who I trained. well that left her companion Hermana watts (Ashley watts) companionless. So we adopted her!!! TRIO!!! it was so much fun! We had a blast being in a trio. It was like a sleepover every night! And we got to work two Areas, and go to two different wards on sunday! 5 hours of church! We got to introduce ourselves as the hermanas Watts and Labanc. and everyone asked us if we were sisters. So yeah. We spent the week in a trio just waiting for the call from president telling us what would happen with Hermana watts.
 
Well. The call Finally came. Saturday morning while eating my nice Yoplait yogurt president called and asked to talk to us each individually. so he started with me. He said "Hermana Watts there are some really strange and unexpected things about to take place, so just follow me for a minute. I know we are in the middle of the transfer, but in about three weeks there will be new hermanas coming in. I have called you to be a trainer of one of the new missionaries."
 
instantly my thought is "OH NO!!! he is going to put me and my new missionary in the North Hollywood 4to area, and then I am going to end my mission exactly where I started it and I am never going to leave the Burbank zone my whole mission!!!!" but no. luckily that didn't happen.
 
He said "I am going to extend to you a release as a sister training leader, and you will be leaving  your area." WHAT! didn't see that one coming!!!
"Sister Watts is going to stay there and replace you, and you will be coming up to Santa Clarita to be companions with....HERMANA BARNES!!!! you'll be with her for her last three weeks, and then train a new missionary in that area."
 
Okay what. no way. I about died of excitement!! Reuniting the Dream team?! President are you sure? I think the world might just die of too much awesomeness. (oh p.s. Hermana Barnes' companion also went home early because of health reasons, hence she was companionless as well.) It is so incredible how all the pieces just seemed to fall right into place. Although it was so very strange, and completely out of left field, and no one saw it coming, I know that these changes are inspired. While I was talking with president I just felt so at peace with all the changes. I know that the lord is in the details of this work, and he guides it. He has the master plan and all we need to do is trust him, and everything will fall into place. The church is true and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment