Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Feliz dia de accion de Gracias!!!


Hola familia? que tal coma estan? okay so it's thanksgiving time, so I am going to write you about what happened this week in the format of what I am grateful for. ready?
 
I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. The opportunity that I have to wear my saviors name above my heart for 18 months is a calling that I am so privileged to have. Of course there are times that it is hard, and times I wish I could be normal, but I wouldn't give up this privilege for anything.
 
I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that I have a perfect older brother. And because he is perfect, he makes up for all my faults and shortcomings. This week we had a little experience where we didn't act as good as we should have as missionaries. But I am grateful for the atonement that helps us to move past these things. Of course we will all fall. But what really matters is that we get back up again. Take the hand the savior is always extending to us, and just try to be better the next day. I am so grateful that I have a savior.
 
I am grateful that as missionaries we are guided by the spirit. We had an incredible miracle this week. We decided to go knocking doors on a street we have never been before. I didn't even know the name of the street, I just knew that it existed and I kept thinking we needed to go there. When we got there I didn't know where to start, so Hna Clifton suggested from the beginning! So we go to the very bottom of the street, and started at an apartment complex. The first door we knocked the woman opened the door, and before we could even introduce ourselves she invited us in!  of course we went in, and sat on her chairs and as we introduced ourselves she said, "I know who you are. I was baptized a long time ago." This woman hasn't been to church in over 8 years. Ever since she has moved from Mexico. She has been wanting to go back for a while, and take all her kids, but she has been scared and doesn't know the schedules. She said she has lived there for 8 years in that apartment, and not once has any missionary knocked on her door. WHAT A MIRACLE!!! I am so grateful that the spirit directs us!
 
I am grateful that Heavenly father keeps us safe! This week we received a referral from a member, to go see his neighbor. Well we went to visit him, and surprise! he is actually a leader of a gang!!! he was telling us crazy stories about how he's almost been killed like 6 times, and how he could have taken 4 peoples lives and gotten away with it, but he didn't. Because he's good. He's changing the gangs. Don't worry, he told us were all good, and that the streets are safe because he's in charge. oh man, thanks a lot members for those great referrals!
 
I am grateful for the members of our ward. They are all just so amazing for so many different reasons. I have taken a new love for the Enciso family, who are like in their late 70's and absolutely crazy! We take them to our investigator, Fransisco who happens to be 77 and they get along just perfectly! Cutest little honeys I ever knew. they all just are old and happy together. I am also super grateful for the familia pastor, because when we couldn't find anyone in the world to take us to the temple, Hermano said hey don't worry I will just take you. me and my wife. (mind you they don't have recommends to go in....) but he said no don't worry, I have work tomorrow but I won't go. I'll take you to the temple instead. They are the sweetest family I have ever known. So giving!
 
I am grateful for the temple! Every time I get to go I just feel so much peace and love. Even though we had to pass through every trial in the world to get there, and we were practically running to make it to our session, right as I sat down, it was like coming home. I know the temple is the house of god. There is an undeniable spirit there. And I love every single minute I get to spend inside. and talk to my heavenly father.
 
I am grateful to have a heavenly father that loves me. Sometimes I feel like a little girl, who's a long ways away from home. But I know I can always talk to my daddy, and he is always listening. He knows everything that's going on in my life, and he is just so anxious to help me. I love talking to him every chance I get. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to pray, and that I know that he is always listening to me.
 
I am grateful that I have a family here on earth, and they love me so very much. I love my family more than anything. And I am so excited that I can be with them for all eternity! if there is one thing I have missed the most here In the mission it is my time with my family. I love you all with all my heart, and I hope you have the most amazing thanksgiving in the whole world! Remember all your blessings, because we have so many. Heavenly father is so good to us. Enjoy the time you have together, and always remember that I love you with all my heart.
 
And last, I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know I would be nothing without this gospel. Without it I wouldn't be here as a missionary, I would never know these amazing people, I wouldn't love my family as much as I do, I wouldn't know my heavenly father, or know how much I need my savior. I know that this Gospel is true. I know that that our family will be forever. I know that what I teach is true, and it changes people's lives. I love every single minute I have here, because I have the opportunity to share this glad message.
 
I love you all! Happy thanksgiving!!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment