Sunday, October 19, 2014

iPads!!!


familia. spoiler alert. The email of today is not too long. and not too interesting. Well it was pretty interesting. and now it is not. first. Here is the big news. The California San Fernando mission is the next mission to get iPads!!!!! WOOOOO!!! We don't have them yet, but we get them next Friday!! How exciting! I'm not really sure all that that entails. I think we are going to start online proselyting, and other great things. I am not 100% sure on all the details, but i'll let you know next week.

Saddest news. I just read president's email and this is what it says:
"On a separate note, I have some disappointing news. I received a call from the Missionary Department that they have decided to postpone the rollout of iPads to our mission. It appears that there were some missionaries in another mission who decided not to follow the rules for the use of the mobile devices and used them inappropriately. The Missionary Department has decided to hold off on providing additional missions with mobile devices until they can review the situation and determine an appropriate path forward." 

wow. That just made me the saddest! Disobedience is the worst! it brings sadness to so many people! especially to me!! (and president hall, and the entire California San Fernando mission!!) and to the LORD! yikes. Just be obedient people.

In other more uplifting news, wasn't general conference just the most amazing thing on the whole planet! oh man. I was sad when it was over! Some talks that I really liked were the one from Jorg Klebbinger something I think was his name... where he talked about spiritual confidence. He was just so bold and told it like it was! I really loved that one a lot.

Another one that was probably one of my favorites was elder Bednar's talk about missionary work. Oh man he is great as well. I loved how he said "devoted disciples always have been and always will be valiant missionaries." the driving force behind everything we do is the love we have for our savior. If you all don't have a personal testimony of the savior and his atonement, I challenge you to obtain one. There were so many talks about revelation, and how we can obtain a testimony. I truly know that a sincere love of God and his commandments, an unshakeable testimony of the truth, are the only thing that will keep us safe in a world surrounded by the distractions and evils of the devil. I know that God lives and loves us, that Jesus Christ is our savior, and that he stands at the head of the church. His church has been restored, and it is guided today by living prophets. I know that living the gospel is the way to true happiness. And if you are not all truly happy, I invite you to reflect and think about changes you can make in your life.

I love you all and pray for you always.
Mucho amor

Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment