Monday, March 24, 2014

Earthquake!


Hey Dearest Family! Happy St. Patricks day! fun story of today, as I was happily sleeping and dreaming of all the great people that are going to be baptized (because those are missionary dreams you know..) I was woken up at 6:24 by our house shaking!! We had an earthquake! aaaaah! okay lets be real it wasn't big or anything, and it only lasted about 15 seconds, but it was AWESOME! and now I can say I have lived through an earthquake;) haha
This week was awesome. We did so many things, I can't even remember them! I feel like life is flying a million miles a minute! probably because it is. I feel like it has become a nightly routine that we are running to our car at 8:55 every night trying to make it home on time. There is just so much to be done, and so little time! but here is a really cool story you might like
Hermana Barnes and I go running three times a week. Trying to be healthy or something.. well anyways, we decided to take out temple cards to pass out to people as we ran. One morning we ran passed this woman, gave her a card, got her name (Linda) and pet her dog for a few seconds, and went on our way. The next day as we were out running, we passed her again. She stopped us and said "are you LDS?!" and we said yes! and she said "oh I have seen your temple their in LA it's so pretty and I just think that the LDS people are so great" and she went off to talk about Elizabeth Smart and how amazing her family is and how all LDS people are just amazing, and how we were so kind, and then she said she wanted to come to church so we gave her the address and she hugged us and left. What the! That was one of the coolest things ever! I have talked to a TON of people on my mission, but I think Linda has been one of my favorites. Just seeing how talking to everyone really does matter. Our little decision to give her a temple card and invite her to go visit it one day just brightened her whole day and made her so happy. That was such a tender mercy to be a part of.
I know that the Lord really is preparing people to receive us. Sometimes, we just don't know who they are. So that is why we have to talk to everyone. Because you never know when you are going to pass by a Linda.
lots of other great things, we taught this man named Lorenzo who is basically golden. Asked us a million questions about the book of Mormon, and he is SO interested, and I am SO excited to teach him more. also, I am just in love with one of our investigators named Mayra. She is the sweetest thing I ever did know. She is 63 and just my favorite thing. She talks for days though, but we just love her lots. She says she wants to be baptized, but she is waiting for her son to come home from his mission to baptize her. How awesome is she!!
And lastly, I love my calling as sister training leader so so so much. We did some studies with our hermanas, and they are all so awesome. it is so much fun learning from them, and teaching them things that I know. It's the best. There is another new Hermana in our zone, Hermana Simpson is now with Hermana Evans and Rodriguez. They are going to have a stellar Trio I just know it. Next week we are going on exhanges with all the hermanas, so I just know we are going to see miracles. Be ready for a great email next week!
Well Lovers, I have to go now, but I love you all oh so much! Don't forget that no act of kindness is ever wasted. Just think about Linda! So the invite of the week, say hi to one new person this week, and see what happens! Love you all with all my heart!
Love Ness
picture: cute Mayra Martin:)


No comments:

Post a Comment