Monday, September 30, 2013

1 week June 24, 2013


So I survived my first week! Are you so proud of me!! haha let me tell you all about it really quick. Oh and by the way, save these emails for my journal! because they are going to be awesome!

So monday we got here to the beautiful San Fernando Valley. Okay it's actually not as beautiful as everyone led me to believe. Well at least my area isn't. But that's okay it's great. We met president Hall and his family. They are all great. Tuesday we got our new companions. I am in a trio with two lovely Hermanas. let me tell you a bit about them. Hermana Hall is from Idaho. She is a little strange... but super nice. She was on the ballroom team in high school. She is younger than I am, and I can definitely see that. And get this... She is a boy scout. Yeah what! I didn't think that was a real thing! But yes I guess girls can be boy scouts, who knew?! Anyways, my second companion is from Utah, but she is half Brazilian. So she is slightly crazy! but she is so so so fun. And she sings with the voice of an angel. At first being in a trio was hard. But I love both of my Hermanas a lot. I am learning a lot about how I can't be in control all the time. It's kind of hard to be being trained, because I want to be the leader, but that's mallo of me! Anyways, so lets tell you a bit about the days. On tuesday we went and read scriptures with this member (less active, basically an investigator) named Hugo. He is super adorable. He reminds me of brad barnes. I think he is a little odd. But I love him. Then I can't really remember what we did. I think we went to the store. Oh yes we did. And then we had dinner at the bishops. I just love the bishop and his family. and then we had correlation, or pretty much ward council. Yes that was an okay day. I don't know why wednesday was worse, it just was. I was feeling so overwhelmed, and so not used to everything about the mission! Seriously, we spend four hours of our morning inside studying. It drives me crazy! I want to get out and go find people! But no we have to be prepared so we can teach well. We taught this woman named Teresa wednesday afternoon, and the lesson just went aweful! I think she is confused about the reason we are there, and she just isn't being receptive to our message at all! She is super nice, but the lesson went on for almost two hours, and we didn't get anywhere with her. It was rough. The saving grace of that day though, would have to have been English class. We teach some of the Spanish member how to speak English wednesday nights. It was SOOO fun!! oh my word I got a little glimpse into the members of our ward, and I just love them! My favorite would have to be Hermana Soliz. She is so sweet. I told all the Hermanas that I don't like watermelon, or any kind of melon, and now they all laugh at me and we all make jokes about it. But it's so cute because they all remember how much I don't like it:)

Anyways, so thursday we had what they call weekly planning. It's crazy we seriously plan out like every hour of our next week. It's nuts. And it takes like 7 hours!! also, in the middle of our planning our elders brought us treats!! I seriously love tem!! (i sent a picture don't worry) So we didn't finish it all the way. We had to leave to go read scriptures with the DeGantes. They are this family that can't come to church because the wife is paralyzed, so we read scriptures with them. I love them so much! Then we went to plan some more, and then we went to visit the Aguillons, who are a member family, but they have cousins that aren't that my comp. has been teaching the lessons to. The investigators weren't there, so we just shared a spiritual thought. Then we went to visit a less active member, Hermano Chan. Oh my gosh he is my favorite. He is so shy and quiet, and so humble. He lives in this tiny little trailor all by himself. he is only like 24 or 25, but he is so great. We brought Luz with us, who is a member, and she is wanting to go on a mission. She is seriously so great. She has such a powerful testimony! Oh my word I LOVE HER!! anyway that lesson was just so so powerful. It was awesome fo feel the spirit so strong, and made me really greatful for coming out here and being a missionary.

Friday was way way good. We had our studies a bit in the morning, and then we had district meeting. I seriously love our district so so so much! District meeting went good, and then afterwards, Elder Jossie was carrying a big bowl of fruit, and he had a little pepper in the bowl, and he dared me to bite it, so I did, and then my mouth was on fire for two hours. Sorry for that random story, just thought you'd enjoy my little stupid moments that I have. Well After district meeting we went to district lunch at TACO BELL!!! yay i love taco bell so so much! Miracle of the day! haha then we had more studies, and then we went out finding! We stopped and talked to a black lady about the gospel, it was super awesome. She was english, but super cool. We went to stop by some old investigators, but they didn't have time. No here was the best part of the day. We got to meet Renee y Violeta. They are recent converts, and they are so awesome!! they seriously have the strongest testimonies I have ever seen! We are having dinner with them today. anyways, they made my day so happy. I love them.

On Saturday we got to go out finding again after language studies. We didn't really have any success, but it's always super fun. We had lunch with Hermana Hortado, she is so sweet. Her grandson isn't a member, and so I talked to him a lot about the gospel. Anyways, the real best part of the day was at night we had an appointment with Armando. He is an investigator that has been investigating the chuirch for two years. He is seriously so awesome!!! I love him!!

Sunday church was so great! i love latinos. I am pretty sure they are tone deaf, and that makes them even better! But I am almost out of time! So sorry! I will make my next letter shorter, and just add the most important stuff!! Ah I lobve you all so much!

Ah I seriously have to go! But Write me a letter and I will write you letters, because I just don't have enough time!!! I love you all so much! Don't forget that the church is so true, and if you ever get down, just look for the miracles you see. God's hand is everywhere!

Love Ness:)

No comments:

Post a Comment